Matt & Heather

Meet Matt and Heather...

I immediately felt a connection to these two the moment we met... Their story is lengthy together, having dated for 10 years, but you wouldn't know it by hanging out with them for a few Minutes... These two are SOOoo into each other it's not even funny....

So here is their story and a few images from their engagement session!


In June of 1998 we met at the party of a mutual friend and co worker. We all worked at the same place, but Matthew and I had not officially met until the party. I told our friend MJ (the guy throwing the party) when I found out that Matt was coming to the party that I wanted to meet Matt.





After I met Matt, I told MJ that I would be getting to know Matt a little better. I asked Matt for his phone number and called him the next day. Our first date was within a week of our first meeting and the rest is history.





Fast forward…... Matt and I moved in together in October of 2007 and if it was even possible we fell even more in love.




Fast forward again…



On October 4, 2008 Matthew took a detour on our way to a quick cheap dinner and made me close my eyes. After arriving at the surprise location, Matthew led me out of the car and into a building with my eyes still closed. Once inside, Matthew asked me to uncover my eyes and look around. Matthew then took my hand and led me to the empty living room of an empty home. He looked at me and told me that we were standing in our NEW HOME.



...I began crying, of course. Matthew said to me that he had been waiting for a long time for things to be perfect and that this was the perfect time. He then reached into his pocket, pulled out a small box, told me that this is the perfect moment of all and asked me if I would marry him.
Of course I said YES.
Matthew had keeping our new home a secret for about 2 - 3 months. Some of our friends and family knew about the home, but no one other than my Dad knew about his proposal and no one knew when it was coming...






Matthew was 20 and I was 19 when we met. We have together through some of the best, worst, saddest, and most triumphant times of our lives. We feel like we have grown up together. We are so in love and that love grows every day that we are together.

1 comments:

katie said...

Matt and Heather are two of the most amazing people I have even known, as individuals and as a couple. Never known two people who love their friends and family the way they do, it's inspiring. Hearing that Matt had asked Heather to be his bride, I was reminded what true love truly is... It is the many layers of relationship that these two have created and I don't know two more deserving people to receive the fairy tale ending. Congratulations you guys. Your pictures are amazing and I feel so blessed that I get to be apart of not only your special day, but your lives as well. Love you both with all the love in my heart, Katie