Alter Ego...

We get alot of calls asking for Mr. Branch or Mr. Tillman.. Alot of times I can't help but snicker and correct them... And more often than that, we meet with people and they ask "How did you guys come up with that name?"
Well... It's not as complicated as people might think!
You see, I grew up on a farm not far from Carnes Crossroads where 176 and 17-a intersect. And if you can get your hands on really old maps of the area I live in, the whole surrounding area was called "Tillman's Branch" wAAAAAAay back 50 years ago. Also, there are several little streams or "branches" flowing through the area, and one of the main ones (according to the map) is named "Tillman's branch"
Back in `89 when hurricane Hugo hit, due to the power being out for weeks we actually took baths in "The Branch". (the water is surprisingly clear!) You wanna talk about COLD? HOLY COW that was cold!!
So anyway, That's the deal with the name.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike

I agree that that water was cold after Hugo. I live about a mile away on Alexander Circle, and I made a few trips behind the house to the 'creek' for a couple of weeks.

The name fits. When I first found your site, it sounded familiar and had to ask wife if she remembered you.


Monty
http://monty671.blogspot.com/